In the eighth round, Povetkin related with a mixture that dropped Boswell and finally counted out. Boswell managed to get to his toes after the count had finished, only to fall back down. With Teddy Atlas in his nook, Povetkin bested Chagaev by unanimous choice to capture the WBA heavyweight title.
- During the interval between rounds eight and nine Rudenko again needed to stop the fight however his corner firmly insisted on continuing.
- In spherical 7, Povetkin landed a three-punch combination which dropped Charr, flat on his again.
- The battle can be the principle occasion of a packed Russian card that featured a number of world title fights.
- On 21 October, Boswell confirmed that he had signed the deal and a day later, a heavyweight double-header was announced for three December, with the opposite fight being Robert Helenius vs. Derek Chisora.
- In the 8th spherical, Povetkin connected with a mix that dropped Boswell and eventually counted out.
By the end of December 2018, Povetkin recovered from elbow operations following his loss to Joshua and stated he would start a training camp in January 2019, hoping for a struggle in April. Povetkin anticipated his return to the ring would take place in both the UK or US. A few names had been reported similar to Dillian Whyte and Oleksandr Usyk. On four March, it was reported that Usyk would struggle either Povetkin or Carlos Takam on 18 May 2019 in Chicago, Illinois.
Deal To Fight Wilder In December ‘Nearly Carried Out’, Says Fury
The opening spherical saw little or no motion between both fighters. Round 2 saw Povetkin come out throwing and landing at will with Rahman spending a lot of the spherical towards the ropes. Rahman didn’t throw back and finally referee Gustavo Padilla stepped in to stop the struggle. At the same time, Rahman’s corner appeared to be on the ring apron with a towel. Povetkin was scheduled to face WBC interim heavyweight champion Dillian whyte on 2 May 2020, nonetheless, because of the COVID-19 pandemic the date was pushed back to 22 August.
It was initially for 14 July 2012 at Upton Park in West Ham, London, with David Haye vs. Derek Chisora as the principle event. The venue was later modified to Alsterdorfer Sporthalle in Alsterdorf, Hamburg. The struggle was rescheduled for 29 September with Kubrat Pulev vs. Alexander Ustinov for the European title as co-feature.